MP3 Fast-Track to Jumpstart Your Job Search
Let's Get Your A** A Job!
These recordings are based on many of the same questions I get from my clients on the job search process, and how to prepare effectively for job interviews. Read more...
2 Recordings for the low price of $15; each with 60 minutes+ of job searching tips from a hiring manager with 15+ years of experience.
Find out more about me at: http://www.redinc.biz
How to Fix the 5 Things You're Doing Wrong in Your Job Search
This is a compilation of the most common challenges that jobseekers are facing, and my concrete tips they can implement to move their search in the right direction.
Chances are high that you have the same questions.
I was interviewed by client -- and PR Pro -- Scott Grigg who asks the same questions that you have as a listener.
I give you specific tips to immediately implement that will make an impact on your search, it's worth it!
Here's an outline of what the recording covers:
* What I looked for as a hiring manager--to help you understand the HR/Recruiter/Hiring Manager's point of view to better communicate your benefits.
* Why it's critical to customize resumes for every position, and ways to efficiently streamline the process.
* Why you MUST include accomplishments on your resume (and where to look for them in your career.)
* Formatting tips I use in the resumes I write for my clients.
* The difference between a functional and chronological resume and why recruiters and HR people don't like functional resumes.
* How to effectively incorporate the concepts behind a functional resume into a widely-accepted chronological resume format.
* The truth behind how hiring managers and recruiters view cover letters.
* How to write one that actually gets read
* What employers expect to read in a cover letter--so you'd better have it in there.
Networking Outside the Box:
* How to make the most of the conversations you have with people from different industries.
* What's so special about LinkedIn that can really help your search
Sealing the Deal in a Job Interview:
* The ONE tip that my clients who get jobs implement in the interview that seals the deal.
Following Up Without Stalking:
* There's a fine line between showing interest and sliding into the "creepy" factor. Cross the line, and you won't get the job. I'll talk about similar situations that everyone can relate to that demonstrates the difference.
As you can see, this 60 minute MP3 is PACKED with information that you need to land your next position.
A Better Way to Prepare for Job Interviews
As Developed by a Hiring Manager
As a hiring manager, I was always concerned that this was a great person, but hiding behind a bad resume or bad interview skills. I then did some research on the tips that were being published for job seekers and was appalled at how bad much of it was.
The main flaw is that just because I was hiring someone, I never got out a book on interviewing to learn how to interview a candidate, so why do people think preparing perfect answers to a random list of questions that in all likelihood stand a slim chance of being asked--will actually be a part of the interview.
I just wanted to get to know a candidate, to hear the examples of the great work that they did, the problems they solved, and how their past job related to what I'd like them to do for me.
This MP3 teaches my TODAY method of preparing for job interviews, as well as how to prepare to answer the top 5 questions you will always be asked.
The TODAY method is an effective mental scavenger hunt to develop detailed examples of what you did in a past position. And here's the top 5 questions that you're likely to be asked.
1. Tell Me About Yourself: Everyone gets stumped on this question, but it's actually not meant to trip you up, but meant to just get you to talk. The ball's in your court--so learn how to use this to your advantage.
2. Why Did You Leave Your Last Job / Why Are You Looking? If you have a job, this can be a tricky question, if you left your last job under not-so-great circumstances, this can still be a tricky question. I'll teach you how to avoid the RED FLAGS that send interviewers running.
3. Why Should We Hire You? If you don't know why a company should hire you--what unique attributes you bring to the table--then how is a company supposed to figure it out?
4. The Salary Question: Understand this question from a hiring manager's perspective to better answer it from your perspective.
5. Do you have any questions for us? Asking good questions can give you some real insight into the position and company, as well as demonstrate your intelligence to a hiring manager.
The TODAY Method takes you through identifying specific examples in your experience to discuss during an interview.
Teamwork, Obstacles, Duties, Achievements and Your Strengths/Weaknesses
By preparing all of these materials, you'll cover 90% of what an employer is likely going to want you to discuss--regardless of how they ask the question.
The MP3 is 75 minutes and jam-packed with great advice. It's the same presentation I've delivered at many job search groups, and have had people come up to me later and say that they landed jobs based on the advice in this presentation.
So yeah...it's worth it.
BOTH Recordings for $15.